Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yes, that's fascinating!

I accidentally break a favorite glass with wet hands, review the list of 3 voice mails not returned before the day's end and replay the sharp remark made to my daughter from her empty bowl on the basement floor.... How fascinating to make so many mistakes within a mere two hours of my post yesterday.  And although these are really such micro experiences along the way, and none particularly consequential, it reminds me of the power available when you invite the framework of possibilities into your life.  It's true. One less glass to clean and store, 3 people I will be more refreshed and ready to talk to tomorrow and two people who figure out a better way to help each other out.

I love the quote by the great cellest Gaspar Cassado, "I'm so sorry for you; your lives have been so easy. You can't play great music unless your heart's been broken."  Now that's a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment